Boveda 72-Percent RH Retail Cube Humidifier/Dehumidifier, 60gm - Pack of 12
Free Shipping Included! Boveda 72-Percent RH Retail Cube Humidifier/Dehumidifier, 60gm - Pack of 12 by Boveda at Tales of Magic. MPN: B72-60-OWC. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Boveda Technology Works Two Ways Whether it’s food, cigars, cigarettes, RYO, chewing tobacco or herbal medicine, these products lose their
Boveda Technology Works Two Ways
Whether it’s food, cigars, cigarettes, RYO, chewing tobacco or herbal medicine, these products lose their character if the humidity isn’t right. Too much humidity is just as bad as being too dry, especially when mold enters the picture. Boveda’s patented technology adds or removes humidity as conditions require, maintaining the specific moisture content engineered into each pack. Available in three sizes and a range of RH levels, there’s a Boveda for every package, container, and personal taste.
What Humidity Level Do I Need?
Boveda is available in relative humidity levels of 62, 65, 69, 72, 75, and 84% (exclusively for seasoning). All Boveda are accurate to +/- 1% of the RH printed on the pack in an air-tight environment. Humidors are not air tight. Depending on humidor quality and ambient conditions, it’s not uncommon for the actual RH to be stable anywhere from 2-6 points below the Boveda RH you’ve chosen. This is why we recommend 72% for your first set after seasoning. If it’s 72 on the nose, you’re perfect. If it drops a few points, you’re still perfect. Based on how your humidor performs, you can decide whether to move to 62, 65, 69, or 75.
How Do I Know When Boveda Needs To Be Replaced?
All Boveda will turn into a solid wafer when they’re dead. So it’s short of that, when there aren’t many soft spots left, that you’ll want to replace them. Pronounced crystallization and hardening of the corners first is completely normal.
What Makes Boveda Different?
All humidification products are not created equal, and we know it’s difficult to cut through all of the misinformation out there. Below are some simple points which we believe will help consumers (and retailers) understand the important differences between the various types of humidification on the market. If you think your humidification device is "regulating" to a certain RH level because the packaging says so, it's very simple to test. Place the (filled) device in a clear air-tight container with a hygrometer and let it sit for 24 hours. Only Boveda will still be reading at the RH level it's supposed to, because it's the only true two-way humidity control.
How Many Boveda Do I Need?
How Do I Choose The Right Number Of Boveda?
- We recommend using at least one large 60 gram Boveda per 25 cigars your humidor holds, even if it isn’t full. It’s still air space and wood that needs proper humidification.
- Because Boveda will never over-humidify beyond the number on the pack, using more than is recommended will just work more efficiently and need to be replaced less often.
- Air-tight containers like plastic tupperdors and travel humidors don't need as much horsepower to keep humidified because they don't leak as much air.
The Boveda Isn't Reaching The Number On The Pack - What's Wrong?
This is a common question and the solution always boils down to one (or more) of these three issues:
- You didn't season your humidor or it needs to be re-seasoned because it's winter or you live in a very dry climate.
- Your hygrometer needs to be calibrated.
- You're not using enough or the right size Boveda.
Note: Do not mix Boveda RH levels within the same humidor, and do not use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products. They will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of the Boveda.
Sponges with water or Propylene Glycol solution
Absorbs excess humidity if needed
Adds or removes moisture based on temperature
Available in multiple RH levels
Won’t over-humidify, preventing mold
No maintenance or refilling
No activation required
Proximity & direct contact won’t damage other products
Used in dozens of the top cigar maker’s factory boxes
Features & Highlights
- Never guess if or when to refill your humidifier again
- Cycles in humidity are eliminated
- No more hassle of using distilled water
- No need to activate, maintenance free.
- Use 2 packs for every 50 cigars your humidor can hold
|Item Weight:||0.13 pounds|
|Item Size:||4.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.57 x 4.25 x 4.25 inches|